
A few years ago I went to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. ( Other Posts about Myrtle Beach scroll down and look on other pages.) We had a beautiful hotel with a wonderful view of the beach.One of the nights we were there we could see a storm on the ocean just missing the beach.Our hotel was on the beach so we got a perfect view of the ocean. The day after the storm we went out on the beach and it was a perfect day. We woke up early and hurried out to the beach First me and my brother, Chief, built a sand castle. When it got warmer we laid out a beach towel and I tanned in the sun. Then we had lunch around 12:30. After lunch Dad went to a little stand next to the hotel and bought us a boogie board. Patrick was too afraid but Dad and I went far out into the ocean. The beach was just a sliver of sand. Then Dad saw a huge wave and told me to get ready and keep my mouth closed. He pushed me into the wave and I went shooting back to shore.When I finally slowed down I turned around and started to paddle back to where Dad had been. I couldn't see him. I kept paddling for a few seconds and I finally decided to go back. I turned around and saw him for a second before he flipped my board over. When I came up to the surface I splashed him. He splashed me back. We were both laughing. After that we paddled back to the spot and waited for another wave. When we had both had a few turns and had done it quite a few more times we paddled back to the beach. We got back together with my Mom and my brother and while the sun was setting we took a walk down the beach and collected beautiful seashells and pieces of coral. The next day I woke up sick and had a ear infection and a nasal infection. Besides the being sick for the last two days and going home sick for the next two weeks and having to take some huge annoying pills it was the best vacation ever!!
No comments:
Post a Comment